We're all familiar with going live, and the Store & Forward option on Dejero’s transmitters – but did you know that you can use the File Transfer feature on your transmitter to send your cut and edited packages back to the station?
There's no need for a separate Wi-Fi hotspot device or to go through the trouble of turning your phone's hotspot on. Those extra seconds spent on setting up another device are precious and can mean the difference between getting your edited packages back to the station in time for air, or missing your slot. Not to mention the added speed you get by sending the file over a blended connection.
Once you’ve confirmed that your transmitter has a File Transfer server assigned, it's as simple as connecting your USB drive and touching a couple of buttons on your transmitter!
On your Dejero GoBox:
- Connect your USB drive to one of USB ports on the top of the GoBox.
- Press the button next to the document icon.
- Press Select.
- Press Up/Down/Enter to navigate through the folders to your desired file.
- Select your file (make sure it’s checked!)
- Press Transfer.
On your Dejero EnGo:
- Connect your USB drive to one of the USB ports on the back of the EnGo.
- Using the touchscreen, touch the Down arrow.
- Touch Transfer, then Files.
- Touch the arrow to reach the desired file.
- Touch the checkbox of the desired file to select it (make sure it’s checked green!)
- Touch Actions, then touch Transfer.
And off it goes to the assigned server back at the station!
But wait! Maybe it’s not a field edited package you want to send back. Maybe it’s an audio track, or stills, or even a scanned document. No need to worry. The File Transfer functionality of Dejero’s transmitters can be used to send any file to its assigned server at the station.
If you have any feedback you’d like to share or have a topic you’d like to see covered, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us a line in LIVE+ Control by clicking on Help > Feedback.